- To improve the health and well being of the local community through the provision of sports and physical activity opportunities that meet strategically identified need.
- To improve a semi-derelict playing field bringing environmental improvements in a sustainable way
- To provide for the physical education and curriculum needs of Broadway School and other local schools
- To provide positive opportunities for local young people to engage in activities to reduce crime and improve community safety
- To create local employment and training and development opportunities
- To deliver as a replicable pilot project a community sports hub for Birmingham engaging local community groups and building their capacity and developing local pride and identity.
- To reduce operational costs to the authority through a Community Asset Transfer
The Objects of the HUB as a Registered Charity are:
To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Perry Barr, Aston and the surrounding area the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing and promoting facilities and organising activities for the playing of sport.
To advance in life and help young people through:
(a) The provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life;
(b) Providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as mature and responsible individuals.